Ryan W. Collier
Ryan W. Collier is an Estate Planning and Probate attorney in Salem, Oregon. He is licensed to practice in both Washington and Oregon
His practice emphasizes advising clients on estate planning, probate and trust administration, and fiduciary liability. Ryan’s extensive background in financial planning is of significant value to his clients estate planning needs. His clients seek to minimize potential estate taxes and pass on the maximum value of their estates to their children and grandchildren. Ryan’s clients receive the benefit of his extensive legal knowledge, privacy and security.
Local attorneys and judges rated Ryan AV© Preeminent™ for his knowledge and experience in trusts and estates, general practice and wills and probate – the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell. Super Lawyers Magazine awarded Ryan with the Oregon Rising Star in 2010 and 2011, an honor given to less than 5% of Oregon attorneys.
Ryan is an avid volunteer and supporter of the Salem community. In 2010, the Statesman Journal Media selected Ryan as one of “Top 20 under 40”. This annual award is presented to individuals making a difference in the Salem community. Ryan was also recognized by the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce as the 2009 Outstanding Young Professional. He has served over 11 years on the board of directors for Salem Leadership Foundation, a faith based organization that brings people of faith and people of good will together to make Salem the best community in Oregon. For 5 of those years, he served as their president. Ryan is a 2006 graduate of Leadership Salem through the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce. He serves as the Board Chair for the Salem Foundation, a charitable community foundation that makes grants to area non-profits. He also volunteers as a leader for his children’s Boy Scout groups and serves on the Boy Scouts of America Cascade Pacific Council Advisory Board. The Boy Scouts has awarded Ryan the District Award of Merit for Extraordinary service to youth.
Ryan cherishes his time with his wife, Holly and three teen-age sons. He loves the outdoors and appreciates the many wonderful partnerships that make the Salem community strong and vibrant.
Education and Admissions
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, JD, 1997
- University of Puget Sound, BA, Dual Major: Communication and Government, 1993
- Oregon State Bar, 1997
- Washington State Bar 1998
- U.S. District Court, Oregon 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western Washington, 1999
- President, Salem Leadership Foundation 2004-2008, 2011-2012; Board Member, 2000 to present
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, Executive Leadership Council, 2008 to present
- Mentor, Willamette University College of Law Mentor Program, 1997 to present
- Board Member, Marion County Bar Association, 2003-2009
- Co-Chair, Campaign for Equal Justice (Marion-Polk Counties) 2003-2005
- Chair Distribution Committee, Salem Foundation (charitable organization) 2004-present
- Boy Scouts of America, Board Member, Cascade Pacific Council 2006-present
- Boy Scouts of America, Pack 122, Cub Master 2003-2005, Den Leader 2001-2005
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 19, Assistant Scoutmaster, 2009 to present
- Board Member, Willamette Valley Estate Planning Counsel, 2003-2006
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Salem, Class of 2004-2006
- General Counsel, A.C. Gilbert’s Discovery Village, 2001-2008
Stephanie attended Willamette College of Law, Salem, Oregon where she graduated Magna Cum Laude, with a Juris Doctorate in 2012. While in law school she was Executive Editor of the Willamette Law Review and Vice President of the Moot Court Board. Stephanie excels in the courtroom. During law school she received the Bruce Spaulding Memorial Award for Trial Advocacy, Willamette University College of Law.
In her spare time, Stephanie volunteers for Family Building Blocks, which serves families with infants and young children who are struggling with difficult life circumstances. Stephanie is also the attorney for and competes with the Cherry City Derby Girls, Salem’s roller derby league.
Education and Admissions
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, JD. Magna Cum Laude
- Willamette University College of Liberal Arts, BA, Major: English, 2009. Cum Laude
- Oregon State Bar, 2012
Distinctions and Affiliations
- Order of the Barristers for excellence and high honor in the art of courtroom advocacy, Willamette University College of Law
- Bruce Spaulding Memorial Award for Trial Advocacy, Willamette University College of Law
- Stephanie successfully conducted her first Trust Litigation trial while a certified law clerk. The trial occurred in Josephine County, Oregon and resulted in a judgment against the trustee in the amount of $579,000.00.
- Attorney Support Panel, Moot Court Board, Willamette College of Law
- General Counsel, Cherry City Derby Girls
- Board Member, Mary Leonard Law Society, Chapter of Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals
- Member, Family Building Blocks Young Leaders Council
- Member, Wealth Counsel
- Member and New Lawyer Division Liaison, Marion County Bar Association
- Member, Willamette Valley American Inn of Court